Coyte, Peter C.
Coyte, Peter, C., PhD (Western Ontario)
health economics; health services outcomes and evaluation; health services finance, organization, and delivery; health policy; home and community care; clinical evaluation and pharmacoeconomics
- Dr Coyte is a national and international expert in the areas of health economics, health services evaluation, and health policy and planning. He was instrumental in the establishment of, and was elected as the inaugural president of, the Canadian Association for Health Services and Policy Research (CAHSPR). Dr Coyte holds a CHSRF/CIHR Health Services Chair in Health Care Settings and Canadians: A Program of Research, Education, and Linkage. He is the director of the CIHR Strategic Research Training Program in Health Care, Technology, and Place.
- Hawker, G.A., Guan, J., Corxford, R., Harvey, B.J., Glazier, R.H., Coyte, P.C., et al. (in press). A population-based nested case-control study of the costs of hip and knee replacement surgery. Medical Care.
- Li, L., Grimshaw, J., Nielsen, C., Judd, N., Coyte, P.C., & Graham, I.D. (2009). Evolution of Wenger's concept of community of practice. Implementation Science, 4(11), 1-8.
- Wise, L.M., Motiwala, S., & Coyte, P.C. (2008). Taking stock: Ten years after the initiation of the Nursing Research Fund. Canadian Journal of Nursing Research, 40(4), 151-163.
- Hudak, P.L., Grassau, P., Glazier, R.H., Hawker, G., Kreder, H., Coyte, P.C., et al. (2008). Not everyone who needs one is going to get one: The influence of medical brokering on patient candidacy for total joint arthroplasty. Medical Decision Making, 28(5), 773-780.
- Guerriere, D.N., Wong, A.Y.M., Croxford, R., Leong, V.W., McKeever, P., & Coyte, P.C. (2008). Costs and determinants of privately-financed home-based health care in Ontario, Canada. Journal of Health and Social Care in the Community, 16(2), 126-136.
- Guerriere, D.N., Tranmer, J.E., Ungar, W.J., Manoharan, V., & Coyte, P.C. (2008). Valuing care recipient and family caregiver time: A comparison of methods. International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care, 24(1), 52-59.
- Lilly, M.B., Laporte, A., & Coyte, P.C. (2007). Labor market work and home care's unpaid caregivers: An international review of labor force participation rates, predictors of labor market withdrawal, and hours of work. The Milbank Quarterly, 85(4), 641-690.
- Holmes, D., O'Byrne, P., & Coyte, P.C. (2007). M3S squad: Considering cyborgs for future sexual health prevention programs. Body, Space and Technology, 8: 9-16.
- Leong, V.W., Guerriere, D.N., Croxford, R., & Coyte, P.C. (2007). The magnitude, share and determinants of private costs incurred by clients (and their caregivers) of in-home publicly financed care. Healthcare Policy, 3(1), 108.
- Payne, G., Laporte, A., Deber, R., & Coyte, P.C. (2007). Counting backwards to health care's future: Using time-to-death modelling to identify changes in end-of-life morbidity and the impact of aging on health care expenditures. The Milbank Quarterly, 85(2), 213-257.
- Coyte, P.C., & Holmes, D. (2007). health technology adoption and diffusion in a social context. Policy, Politics and Nursing Practice, 8(1), 47-54.
- Motiwala, S.S., Croxford, R., Guerriere, D.N., & Coyte, P.C. (2007). Socio-demographic predictors of place of death for seniors in Ontario. Canadian Journal on Aging, 25(4), 363-371.